Manners are Your Beauty - 17 manners to consider
Manners are an important thing to learn. Having good manners means acting in a manner that is socially acceptable and respectful. Excellent manners can help you to have better relationships with people you know, and those you will meet. I have chosen 17 manners to consider!
- Manner *1 - When asking for something, say "Please."
- Manner *2 - When receiving something, say "Thank you."
- Manner *3 - Be polite.
- Manner *4 - If you do need to get somebody's attention right away, the phrase "excuse me" is the most polite way for you to enter the conversation.
- Manner *5 - Do not comment on other people's physical characteristics unless, of course, it's to compliment them, which is always welcome.
- Manner *6 - When people ask you how you are, tell them and then ask them how they are.
- Manner *7 - Knock on closed doors - and wait to see if there's a response - before entering.
- Manner *8 - When you make a phone call, introduce yourself first and then ask if you can speak with the person you are calling.
- Manner *9 - Be appreciative and say "thank you" for any gift you receive. In the age of e-mail, a handwritten thank-you note can have a powerful effect.
- Manner *10 - Do not make fun of anyone for any reason. Teasing shows others you are weak, and ganging up on someone else is cruel.
- Manner *11 -If you bump into somebody, immediately say "Excuse me."
- Manner *12 -Don't reach for things at the table; ask to have them passed.
- Manner *13 - Use utensils properly.
- Manner *14 - Use the napkin, when necessary.
- Manner *15 - As you walk through a door, look to see if you can hold it open for someone else.
- Manner *16 - Even if a play or a meeting is boring, sit through it quietly. The performers and presenters are doing their best.
- Manner *17 - Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.